my Bachelor of Arts degree from Kent State University. In my career in social services, I was:
- Caseworker in Child Protective Services and Family Counseling
- A founder and first Executive Director of the Tucson Rape Crisis Center
- Executive Director of the Tucson Girls Clubs
- Director of Family Assistance Programs for the Tucson Urban League
After becoming certified in therapeutic
massage at Desert Institute of the Healing Arts in Tucson, Arizona, my 30+-year private practice focused on elders and people in
treatment for cancer.
I have been a bodywork instructor for more than
twenty years, teaching anatomy and physiology, pathology, kinesiology and ethics at:
- Desert Institute of the Healing Arts
- Providence Institute
- Cortiva Institute
- Arizona School of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Pima Community
As an NCBTMB-Approved Continuing Education Provider, I have taught at schools and professional organizations across the United States, been a frequent
presenter at AMTA National Conventions and Schools Summits, at the AFMTE
Educational Congress, and was named 2016 Educator of the Year by the Alliance
for Massage Therapy Education.
I am the author of Touch & Movement:
Palpation and Kinesiology for Massage Therapists and numerous journal
articles, and am the creator of TxPlanner (Treatment Planner), a free, mobile
pathology website for bodyworkers, clinics and schools available at www.txplanner.org.
In May, 2020, I became certified as a COVID-19 Contact Tracer by Johns-Hopkins University.